When You Feel Like Quitting by Bishop Kevin Dickerson


A Word From the Lord delivered to Pastors from Bishop Kevin Dickerson, Pastor of Dayspring Family Church and Overseer of Vision Fellowship

When you feel like quitting, you're in good company.
Jeremiah 20:7-9 O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me. 8 For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily. 9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

God called Jeremiah before he was even born, while he still was in his Mother's womb.
Before he was born, Jeremiah had an assignment from God to be a prophet to the nations.
Jeremiah is a prophet to the nations alright, but he is a prophet to a nation of people that will not listen.
God gave Jeremiah a very strong message, preaching against the idolatry and godlessness of his people or face the wrath of God.

As a matter of fact they literally hate Jeremiah and his message. Jeremiah was arrested, bound, whipped, and placed in stocks and bonds. At this point Jeremiah feels he's been deceived by God and is ready to quit. He's facing extreme resistance from the very people he's been called to serve.

Jeremiah's feelings are not new, he's not the first person God has called.

Quitting takes no: 
  1. Faith 
  2. Planning 
  3. Prayer 
  4. Effort 
You just say two words.... I Quit!!!!

Once you learn how to quit it becomes a habit.
Wanting to quit is a sign of success 
Read Jeremiah 20:7-8
Jeremiah wants to quit His wanting to quit makes a powerful point: 
ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING SOMETHING HAVE SOMETHING TO QUIT. 
Many times we cannot see God at work because we are in it!

QUITTING IS A THIEF! 
It robs you of your hope, your dreams, your desire, your ability to flow in the things of God.

What to do when you feel like quitting...
When you feel like quitting, keep it to yourself and talk to God. Jeremiah did! 
Remember Jeremiah 20:7-8 
If you must talk to someone, make it someone full of the Spirit of God who is mature enough to know what to do with information.

Do not share it with your armor bearers, your mentees, your children etc. The fact that you feel like quitting may be more devastating to them than it is to you. ...and whether you quit or not they may be so negatively affected that they might not recover.

There is a link between your endurance, victory and success; it is your knowing and living by the Word of God.

Many quit when they are just steps away from the manifestation of their healing, a day away from their breakthrough, an hour away from their promise.

DON'T QUIT. God wants to show himself mighty on your behalf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment